Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Day 1 - Red Nails

First day of the 31DC2014. Colors. Red Nails.


Hmm…


First off…It’s been like a long time since my last freehand mani. And I had coffee that day.That being said, I was a little disappointed with how this one turned out. I could have redone it but I felt that it would just been cheating almost and good to post it as motivation to do better.  



The base coat is Revlon’s “730 Valentine” which I have swatched before here.


For the gold lines and the glittery color, I used Nailene’s Artist Expressions Warm. In this kit is a clear, glittery polish that’s almost holographic, a gold stripper brush and a small tube of loose gold glitter. I got this years ago from my grandparents and this is the first time I’ve really used it.

This isn't the correct color..


But I used the stripper first and then filled in with two coats of the shimmer color making the red underneath look like it’s a totally different color. I liked the effect and I’ll definitely have to use it again.



Day 1 Complete! Good – 0, Meh – 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment