Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Finger Paints Laugh My Art Off and Independence Day!


Happy Independence Day!!  We’ve been free of English rule for the past 236 year! However, there are some pretty stellar people in England. :) A lot of my favorite bloggers are from the UK, so I love the UK just for that reason. ^^ On to the mani!

I got really excited the other day cuz I thought of this idea all on my own. So proud of myself! So I started doing it last night and looking back, I should have done it TOTALLY different. I pretty much did it the hard way. I should have done all the red first, let that dry and THEN do the blue. I did it the retarded way. :P Oh well….Ya live and learn. :)



First, I did my base coat, Sally Hansen Nail Nutrition Green Tea + Bamboo Strengthener, as always. Then I used Creative Nail Design’s 94 Hot Lips as my base red, let that dry and then I tried doing a freehand French Tip on my left pinky with Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Blue By! and I succeeded.…..But then I tried doing it on my left ring finger.  I re-did that one. :D So I used some of my French Manicure guide strips from a Sally Hansen French Manicure Kit that I got once, which I love. 


Anyways, I used that and I had originally planned on just doing glitter on two fingers instead of the entire hand, but Mom thought it would look really cute with them all glittery. And mother knows best! After I had my base colors on, I then put on a coat of China Glaze Ruby Pumps, a red glitter that has a red tint to it. Then I used a blue glitter over the tips, Finger Paints Laugh My Art Off. 


Fourth of July isn’t complete unless you have all three colors, red, white and blue. So I did white dots on the tips using Pure Ice's Superstar. I didn’t do anything glittery for the dot cuz there was already SO much glitz on the nails and I’m glad I didn’t. The in finished up with a coat of Seche top coat. I honestly wasn’t too happy with the mani last night. It didn’t turn out how I had hoped, but the longer I have it on, the more I love it. So it’s a wonderful mess-up!

As for Fourth of July plans, I think we might be going to see a fireworks display this evening. What are your plans? Whatever they are, stay safe and think smart. :)

In Christ,
Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment