Friday, September 26, 2014

Nude With Sparkles..

After using nude colors a few times, I wanted to spice them up and give them more pazaz.

For this mani, I started with two coats of Nina Ultra Pro – Spun Sugar, a mildly dark nude color. Two coats worked wonderfully.

After letting it dry, I may have been overly excessive with the top coat because there’s a layer of it between the base color and the sparkle. Oopsy!

I’ve never done this method before but tried it on my accent nail. I cut thin strips of tape and layered them on top of the nail and then painted two coats of Finger Paints – Laugh My Art Off.  



It was interesting taking the tape off because it turned into a guessing game as to which one I put on first....

Anywhoo, on the other nails I used a makeup sponge to create a gradient with the same blue sparkle on the tips.




I think it all worked out pretty well, however I wouldn’t use such drastically different colors next time, I feel that a lighter or warmer color for the sparkle would have been better. Oh well. I’ll just have to do this again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment