Monday, May 28, 2012

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Lacey Lilac


Hey everyone!

Today, I’m going to show you a mani that I did for some choir performances that I was involved in a month ago. It took me a total of three days to complete it and here’s why. We were super busy, I didn’t have much time in the evenings to do the entire thing, and it was my first tape mani. I am, however, really digging the whole tape mani idea. Very simple, very easy.

For the base, I used China Glaze Spontaneous and I let that dry completely. Aka, a day. :) Then, I used Sally Hansen’s Xtreme Wear Lacey Lilac with the tape. Jane at Nailside, does some *amazing* work with the tape and I’m hopefully going to be doing some more of these types’ of mani’s.  First time I did it, however, was a complete fail. :P  I can’t stress enough, *wait for the paint to dry all the way!!!* And making the tape not so sticky is a good idea too. Like putting it between you’re fingers a couple times. If that makes sense….



Finally, after the third day, I used Art Deco’s Silver glitter stripper pen. Brush, but they call it a pen. ^^ I thought it looked really good, and I apologize for the terrible pic. I am still working on what to do with the lighting to make an accurate photo. I don’t quite have room to make a light box, but hopefully, when I move out, I will. :)

So. Have you ever done a tape mani? Was it a success? Was it a miserable fail like my first time?

In Christ,
Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment