Sunday, September 2, 2012

Maze Mani On Ugly Toes..


Ok, peoples. I know I’ve been a total slacker this past month. I’m sorry. I started college(yea me!!) and I just haven’t had the time to actually write a post but I’ll be writing a few tonight and saving them for a few days from now.  Here’s o one I did a week or so ago.




So I really didn’t like the white that I had because it was all gloppy and thick(which I fixed yesterday) so I decided to use acrylic paint. For the entire thing. And I found out why you don’t use acrylics for the entire mani, which I will explain later. 



I had been on YouTube watching nail videos(shocker) and I stumbled across this one and I thought “Oh, that would be really cool if you showed a path!” So that’s what I did. Started with a white base and did the maze part with acrylics. I printed off a maze from my computer to help me with actually doing a maze and it was harder than I thought. I’ve never been one to do mazes so it was weird…

So it worked out just fine using all acrylics at the beginning until they started flaking…



You know how the acrylics are kinda chalky in texture after it dries? My guess is that’s why it flaked, cuz it wasn’t one whole layer. And because it was chalky, whenever you’d move your toes and the nail bed would flex, instead of flexing with it, it would just crack underneath it. So that’s what happened. 





Definitely a good learning experience, but one I’ll only do once.  :) What are some nail blunders you’ve made?

No comments:

Post a Comment